Kids Matter International is a Texas based 501-C-3 charity that is committed to helping children. We serve children locally and overseas by a variety of means. All because…KIDS MATTER! KMI exists to bring hope and healing to children.
To bring healing to children around the world affected by debilitating conditions, from abandonment to chronic illness, so that they may become healthy, educated and viable members of their community.
“Whether around the world, or around the block….KIDS MATTER!”
- In Honduras, KMI rescues female children who have been trafficked or forced into sexual slavery. Through a transition center founded by KMI, the girls receive education, healthcare and counseling vital to restoring hope and healing.
- In India, KMI finances and coordinates a Christian-based family orphanage.
- In Guatemala, KMI served orphaned children through a campus that provides shelter and supervision. The campus offers top caliber education, housing the only public library in the area.
- Within our own borders, KMI strives to promote the success of children from all backgrounds by addressing various needs.
- Around the Block clothes hundreds of children in Tarrant and Dallas county by allowing them to shop at Kohl’s. Thanks to our sponsors, Kohl’s, Boston’s Gourmet Pizza Restaurants, and Buckner International, who bring joy to so many families during the holidays.
- Along with our partner, Christmas is for Children, the KMI family collects, baskets, and delivers hundreds (in 2010, over a thousand) of food baskets to local deserving families.
- With the Stepping Stones Foundation, KMI assists in the sorting of clothing, food, and other needed items to be distributed all over the metroplex.
- Oktoberfest is our awareness event at Southlake Town Square (Southlake, Texas) where we spend 3 days sharing with community members how they can get involved with sharing hope with children here and abroad.
This year, we are excited to rollout our yearlong program, run by Heart of a Champion, a mentoring program that will work with children locally, as well as within 26 other states.
Kids Matter is grateful for the opportunity to serve our future’s most precious resource – our children! If you would like to get involved, please contact us. We love new friends.